CHRISTINA'S B&B - LAKE MACQUARIE - the ideal place for romantic getaways. Especially for your anniversary, birthday, or just because you need a relaxing break. Luxurious, peaceful, and private.
4 1/2 STAR QUALITY RATING – NRMA / AAA Tourism No 99757 ~ "the authentic representation of quality"
AWARD WINNER - HUNTER REGION EXCELLENCE IN TOURISM - HOSTED ACCOMMODATION AWARD - 2009 + 2010
AWARD WINNER - HUNTER REGION EXCELLENCE IN TOURISM - NEW TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AWARD – 2008
AWARD WINNER – REGIONAL SUSTAINABLE URBAN DESIGN AWARD - 2008
"AMAZING It was a great weekend away and exactly what we needed. By far the best hospitality of any B&B we have stayed at, John and Tina made us feel welcomed (without overcrowding us). They were very helpful; providing suggestions for things to do/places to eat and kindly arranged kayaks, dinner reservations etc for us. The mermaid room was very romantic! I loved the shower and double spa and of course the food was divine! I would definitely recommend staying at Christina's, you will love it!" - Trip Advisor - 24 Nov 09
* WATERFRONT private balconies, Note: Garden Room has north facing private garden balcony... “Your B&B Christina’s would have to be the most stylish hotel in Australia. ..."
* ARCHITECT’S AND INTERIOR DESIGNER’S OWN HOUSE – contemporary design + deluxe furnishings and artworks + environmentally friendly + wheelchair accessible – AAA Tourism.
* QUIET - double-glazed French doors, insulated, noise resistant construction... "...We really enjoyed the peace and quiet. We hope to be back for our next anniversary.”
* COMFORT - reverse-cycle air conditioning, Note: Rooms are naturally warm in winter cool in summer + fresh air fan... "Room is lovely and comfy with everything we could want."
* EN-SUITE bathrooms (one with DOUBLE SPA BATH)... "It is such a gorgeous place (love the spa) and with an eye for detail."
* BEDS - best quality queen-sized beds with best quality linen. Note: Garden Room has king / twin beds... “...one of the most amazing places we have stayed...with the most comfortable beds EVER!”
* TELEVISON - high definition flat screen television & DVD player in your room... "...DVD library, stocked with an up-to-date collection of flicks, including a few of my favourites: Mamma Mia!, Moulin Rouge!, Dirty Dancing and Closer."
LAKE MACQUARIE - CLOSE TO SYDNEY YET A WORLD AWAY.
LAKE Macquarie (Awaba) is a large coastal lagoon 1 ½ hours drive north of central Sydney via the F3. Dora Creek (Doree Doree) is a small village on the western shores. The nice thing is that few know about LAKE Macquarie (or Dora Creek) which makes it such a good destination for a quiet time away for just the two of you.
SUNDAY DRIVE around the scenic lake stopping at lookouts, cafes and galleries…
WATERFRONT WALK hand in hand along scenic nature reserve at your door…
Afternoon tea served on arrival... "Two giant slices of heavily frosted hummingbird cake, juicy figs, two vanilla melting moments and an enormous pot of English breakfast tea have my companion and I grinning from ear to ear."
Short walk or drive to a choice of RESTAURANTS. "...
GOURMET DINNER at Christina's Sun - Mon by arrangement - 2 courses $50, 3 courses $70/person... "The meals, atmosphere and locality all add to this perfect romantic stay." ... "...and your culinary expertise is second to none."
GOURMET BREAKFAST with espresso coffee included in sunny cafe style lounge at a time to suit you, before a leisurely check out at MIDDAY.
"Breakfast at Christina's the following morning is something else - seasonal fruit salad, a neat presentation of yoghurt with a crispy sugar-iced wafer, fresh orange juice, tea and coffee and those eggs benedict. It looks and tastes terrific."... "...your coffee can embarrass professional coffee makers."
"COME ON IN, THE WATER'S FINE"
Kristie Lau discovers this QUIET LAKESIDE HAVEN is full to the brim with surprises."
Verdict: John and Tina's excellent hospitality will lure us back.
Why you would go: It's peaceful, comfortable and the breakfasts are superb.”
- SUN-HERALD WEEKENDER - 29 March 2009
"LEAVE ALL YOUR TROUBLES BEHIND and head for the hills or the coast. Two hours from the city is a LUXURIOUS LAKESIDE HAVEN.. by CityRail.
In a busy world where even finding time to take a break can be a chore, it is nice to know there remain a few holiday treasures within two hours of the hustle and bustle..." - Bonny Symons-Brown - AAP - Mike Smith - DAILY TELEGRAPH - 26 March 2009.
“This stylish Dora Creek residence…. On the ground floor the house provides three serene, interesting and individually decorated bed and breakfast suites, each with private balconies, en